Monday, January 24, 2011

*Me... Like To Exercise?? What??*

The weirdest thing has happened... I actually love like to exercise! How crazy is that?! I have a confession and an apology to make though. I used to make fun or simply scratch my head and not understand why some of the people I know or know of would absolutely love to hit the gym, or run 10 miles a day {shudder}. Now, I'm not saying that I am an amazing, consistant exerciser but, I have come to like it and I now understand how some people can become enthralled with giving thier bodies lots and lots of exercise. It feels GREAT afterwards... well besides the first 3 days when I thought I was going to die. My routine is:

Monday:
 20 mins of Strength, Cardio & Ab work-outs (Or in other words, I put in my 30 Day Shred DVD with Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser that I love)

Tueday: 
10 min of weights, 10 min of Ab work-outs

Wednesday:
30 Day Shred

Thursday:
1 hour walk and/or 30 minutes running on thred mill

Friday:
30 Day Shred

Saturday:
Just making sure I am staying active... no being lazy

Top this work out schedule with occasional trips to the gym where I totally work my body over, healthy, complete nutritious meals and no Pop... I have been feeling GREAT. My day starts out just right with a work-out and a healthy, filling meal and that leaves the rest of the day open to perfection. Since I have started doing this I haven't had any "break downs", no "pity me" moments or days, I have been feeling uber happy AND healthy. And best of all I am keeping busy. If I feel like going and helping out on the ranch, or taking the dogs for long walks, or doing anything active... I DO it and I don't get tired like I used to.

I recommend a good work out to ANYONE, there are so many variations when it comes to work outs. Just pick one thats right for you. If you think you can handle 20 minutes a day start off with The 30 Day Shred, it has 3 levels, when you can do the whole DVD with ease start on something like the P90X workouts. Or if you prefer going to a gym to get your exercise in than get a trainer and GO. Or if you like to run, hike, power walk, go do it now. It's worth it.

5 comments:

Aline Carson said...

You're so right! My days go SO much better when I eat right and exercise. When I don't do those things it gets really depressing sometimes 'cause I feel like a fat bum. Keep up the good work Jency!

Greg and Sherry said...

Jency, I'm SO proud of you! You're doing great! Soon you'll have your dancer body back!

Alexie said...

It's definitely a good stress reliever :)

Jenna said...

ahhh i tried that 30 day shred before and it was hard stuff!! (my upper body strength is lacking haha) anyway, great plan! i'm glad you feel great! love you!

Anonymous said...

Jency you are doing so good. I need to get into a good routine. Maybe this summer you can train me. 2 week of the Biggest Looser with Jency Weston.