11:30am: Dermatologist aka: Skin Doctor
My mom and I headed to Rigby to get this small cyst I had on my face removed.
Funny story...
We pulled up into the parking lot and there was a limo there so we joked and said, "Oh there's someone famous here... In Rigby! haha". Well, as we were sitting and waiting we overheard the nurse on the phone with another nurse who was off that days saying, "Guess what, you're gonna wish you were here today because Harrison Ford is in with Dr. Bishop... yeah he was up at his place in Jackson(Hole) and had to come in." So there was someone there famous after all! I personally don't care to know about celebs and their lives, I don't read magazines about them or watch shows about them, but, I do really like how good of an actor Harrison Ford is, so I would have been tickled to meet him. But, he was in the back the whole time and the nurses denied him being there by saying, "Even if he were here I wouldn't be able to tell you." Ahh well, it's just funny that he was in Rigby of all places, I mean I know Dr. Bishop was dang good but I guess she's just that good. Needless to say I felt good in the hands of her partner.
Back to what I was saying...
Dr. French laid me down and numbed my face, cut me open, stitched me up (3 stitches), bandaged me up and I was on my way. No cancer or anything haha!
My HUGE bandage!
2:00pm: Otolaryngologist aka: Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
I then had to go get my horrible tonsils checked out. Sure enough I have a continuous infection in my tonsils and Dr. McMaster suggested I get them removed ASAP. He decided (because of my continuous illnesses and sinus infections) to check my nose out. He sprays numbing stuff up my nose, pulls out this llooonng camera/light and proceeds to shove it up my nose. And guess what he finds, a crooked deviated septum and large, swollen air conditioning duct thingys (sorry I forgot the medical term). So, basically one side of my nose is working overtime and getting swollen because the deviated septum in so far on the other side and I'm not getting enough air in that side, which causes the many sinus infections, headaches and puffy eyes. So... joy... I am scheduled for surgery this Thursday. The tonsils will take (about) a week for me to be able to eat solids, 2 weeks till I can go about my usual daily activities and 4 weeks until I'm 100% better. The sinus surgery will require splints that stay in for 5 days and occasional bleeding. AND... I am getting them done at the same time... Ouch. As I see it though, as long as it helps me stay healthy, happy and sore throat & sinus infection free (for the most part) then I'd do it any day... But, still, wish me luck :) Oh and if anyone is in the Burg for the next 2 weeks, feel free to visit me! Please :)
3:30pm Optometrist aka: Eye Doctor
After that painful experience at the ENT Doctor and a serious headache AND my cheek was throbbing by now, I then went to get my glasses and another headache. Yes, I got glasses. I am just all broken... I have astigmatism in both my eyes and I am far sighted in my right eye only. Therefore, the glasses. I don't have to wear them all the time but, I do need to wear them enough so my brain gets used to the picture my eyes project without astigmatism. I picked out some cute Calvin Klein glasses with red that, of course, I look like the world's biggest geek in.
My Mega-Geek glasses haha
6:00pm: My Mother aka: My Savior in an apron
With an aching face, sore nose, pounding eyes and crazy hair I go to my favorite doctor. My Momma. She gave me some Aspirin, I drank her cold water and she made delish coconut cake and all was better. I'm so glad she gets to be my full time nurse after my surgery :) I love you Momma





4 comments:
OMgosh! You poor girl. Take good care, my dear. This will be so not fun for you, but hopefully you'll be feeling so much better after the recovery. (((Hugs))) and I wish I was there to help take care of you. :(
THANKS Marti! I am nervous but I am sooo ready to get this fixed and be able to breath and be healthy more! Ha I'm sure I'll be blogging the whole time I'm recovering haha
oh what a rough day.......i have had days like that, trying to figure out what is wrong. anyways. hope it is helping you feel better soon!! And I like your glasses
WOW what a day!!! I hate those days and know them all to well. We had harrison ford land his helicopter at one of the ranches we worked for in jackson hole. prity cool but no I didn't get to meet him either would have been fun I love him as an actor:)
Post a Comment