Monday, June 13, 2011

*Wild Weekend*

Friday:
GIRL'S NIGHT! I had been needing one of these, so Joey's awesome cousin Sammie & I decided we should head to the big town and eat at Don Pedros (uber-yummy Mexican joint) and the movies!  Our gorgeous friends Heather & Marcey came with us! We ended up seeing X-Men: First Class, I really liked it. The whole time I was turning to Heather and (about the guy who plays the young Magneto) saying; "Man, he's hot!". Hahaha it was pretty funny. It was so nice to get out with the girls and have some fun. Even though Heather & I talked about our boys the whole time :)

Saturday:
Saturday morning I headed over the mountain to the big city and met up with my bestest Cami and headed to the farmer's market... AND... I got to met her gorgeous new little girl Blaikley! So baby hungry right now ;) Joey says I probably should steer clear of them for a while hahaha. No such luck babe. At the market we met up with my brother & his beautiful little family (McCall: loved your outfit by the way, I forgot to tell you that! And Ethan really isn't helping my baby hungriness all too much with his heart-breaker smile). I am in love with farmers markets. One of my guilty pleasers in life is walking around markets from booth to booth getting ideas, trying samples, finding awesome deals, buying fresh bread & produce, gawking at cute handmade baby items, and buying planter herbs and flowers. The day was perfect too. I was a little scared because back at home it was stormy and raining but, as soon as I got through that canyon it was sunny and warm! I ended up buying some fresh Italian Basil & Cilantro to plant in pots in my kitchen, a loaf of delish wheat bread, a homemade wooden honey dipper for decor in my kitchen, a cup of fresh squeezed lemonade, and a beautiful hand crafted necklace (I am going to use it in some maternity pictures someday when I have a prego belly)!

I didn't get any picture while I was there so I will have to take a picture of my purchases and add them on here later!

I then was able to pamper myself! I went and got gel nails done because I have been sick of trying to find time to take care of my nails, they were a lost cause by this time. And I went and got a much needed deep condition and hair trim. I had about 4 inches of hair left that was not 100% natural, so I was brave and had her take almost 2 inches off! It it so nice not to have super tangly, dry, brittle hair anymore! Just 2 more inches and my hair will be 100% natural, no dye, no layers, no trash can full of fried blonde locks {shivers}. My hair dresser is awesome, she has helped me over the past 3 years to get my hair healthy again, we joking while I was there about how she's known me longer than Joey has haha. I am so proud of myself for finally taking good care of my hair. And let me tell you, it's so nice to have money that would have been spent on highlights, touch ups, dyes, super strong conditioners and "leave-in" products, and use it for so something else! (Like the occasional set of gel nails or a fancy straightener). I might not like my natural color but it is a huge load off my shoulders to not have to baby my hair and go to a hair salon twice a month! 

Joey finally was able to drag himself away from moving cows and make it over for a BBQ with Jed & Cami and Dalan & Timari. It was nice to be able to relax and talk and eat yummy food with our friends! All in all a successful day!

Sunday:
Around 7:00pm I started putting together Hobo dinners (Heather: You got me craving them after you told me you made some for you & Frank haha), half way through I got the hair-brained idea that we should go camping and cook the dinners in the fire. I asked Joey if he wanted to and he was game so we grabbed everything we needed, borrowed a tent from his brother Monty B. (we really need to save up and buy our own sometime soon, and a lantern), went to grab the dogs and we couldn't find Doc... We looked and looked and finally I found him sprawled out flat behind the house. I noticed he wasn't looking too good that morning on our way out for church but didn't think too much of it, so when I saw him laying there and couldn't see him breathing I just knew he was dead. I ran in the house and told Joey through tears that I think he might be dead. Joey went to him and was able to get Doc to raise his head, we felt all over him and I finally realized that his stomach was rock hard. So we ended up kenneling him up and left Dolly with him. We drove about 10 minutes to a spot on the other side of the hills by our house. It was perfect, the stream was right next to us and the moon was nice and bright. But, it was freezing. We had lots of fun spending time with each other though just chatting around the fire and eating our, well, pretty darn good Hobo dinners if I might say so myself. I love my boy and I love that we can be spontaneous together. And I love that we live where we can just up and drive 10 minutes and end up being in a beautiful middle-of-no-where spot and camp!




Now I am am just waiting until 12:30pm so I can take Doc to the vet and see what's wrong with him, hopefully nothing serious {fingers crossed}. He also just turned 1 on saturday so he needs his shots as well. And I'm taking Coatsy along to see if there is anything we can do about his poor ears that are ruined from freaking neglect. Some people should just steer clear of animals period, especially a sweet, tiny little thing like Coatsy! 

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you updated! I miss you guys. and bummed we didnt get to come to the bbq :/ By the way, I hope little Doc is okay!!

The JR said...

I hope Doc is okay.

Anonymous said...

Jenc enjoy the spontaneous moments with your hubby because as soon as children come along they will be no more!!! True story...