Monday, January 10, 2011

*The Ranchers Wife Who Doesn't Love Beef*

My dad-in-law Monty is out of town shipping calves so Joey decided he wanted to invite his mom over for dinner.  I'm excited, I'm making really yummy pork chops w/ apples and onions (Cudos to our friends Jed & Cami for being our guinea pigs the first time I made these)! As I was deciding what to make for dinner I realized how much I love pork & chicken. I would take either of them over beef any day. I also realized how funny it is for a cattle rancher's wife to prefer pig and chicken over beef.  I like beef, don't get me wrong. It good for you, full of nutrients and I'm not against it in the least, I just prefer the taste of a good pork chop or the fun, tasty things you can do with a chicken breast.

Here's a delish and fast way to cook a chicken breast:

- Take a large chicken breast and make a "butterfly" cut(like picture). It's where you cut the breast lengthwise to where it's still connected just slightly
- Put the breast inside down on a skillet with some olive oil(or vegetable oil) and cook for a couple minutes

- Remove and cut a *(star shape) on both insides the of the breast(the side you just barely cooked)

- Fill the star's with your favorite salsa and fold the breast so it looks like it did before you made the butterfly cut

- Place back on the skillet and cook both sides the rest of the way through

- Before you remove the cooked chicken place a thick slice of sharp cheddar cheese on top of the breast and let it melt

- Serve with Fiesta rice and Mexican style beans

2 comments:

Greg and Sherry said...

You're a really good cook, Jency!

Aline Carson said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds so good right now. I'm SO hungry!