Friday, November 11, 2011

*The Veterans In My Life*

Today I want to recognize (hopefully along with every single other United States citizen) the men & women who have, still are and are soon to be serving our amazing country of America through the military. I can't even describe the feelings I have towards the people in the armed forces who literally fight and strive to keep our country free. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so proud to be an American! What a truly wonderful place we live in!

And today I would really like to thank my Daddy, My Grandpa & Granddaddy and also Joey's Grandpa. Grandpa & Granddaddy... not only did you serve your country proudly (and have some pretty cool stories to boot) but also, if you hadn't been in the military I don't think my parents would have met. So I'll just thank you right there for that one simple thing :) Love you both, and I miss you Grandpa, can't wait to see you again someday! Hope you're up in heaven boasting about your adventures and achievements today, you deserve it ;) John(Joey's Grandpa), I love you to pieces, you are an awesome man and I am so impressed at all you have done, especially for our country! I love that you hand wrote everything you thought important to document of your time in the military, and also to know how hard that was for you to do that but how you knew you needed to... Our children and their children and so on will be able to read that book and get to know their Grandpa John H. a little and know how bravely he fought and served so they could be free. Thank you!

And Daddy, even though I probably.... okay, I wasn't at all... thankful for you dragging us all around the world for the Air Force when I was younger, I'm beyond grateful now. Just FYI ;) I'm so proud you are my father, and not only for the selfless, hard work you have done (AND are now, doing again) for our country; but, also for your example and for the all around amazing person you are. Thank you Daddy. I love you!

I am bummed I don't have access to some pictures of these 4 good looking men in uniform... let me just tell you... they're hunks! 

(Don't mind my humongous cheeks please)

3 comments:

Marli said...

what humongous cheeks?! i love your hair too! such a sweet post...

Unknown said...

Diddo. I love our Daddy too!

Anonymous said...

What a good picture of you and Daddy. I am glad you put it on here. I have the drop dead gorgeous picture of Grandpa when he is uniform and in his 20's, hehe...