Monday, May 16, 2011

*New Decor*

I had some space in my kitchen/dining room that needed something. So, I found this bookshelf for a great deal at a country store that was going out of business and my wonderful parents got it for me! The cast iron kettle was my (correct me mom) great-great-great? grandparent's. And the cast iron cornbread pan was my great grandmother's. I found the old seasoning tins, handmade lace doilies and the flour sifter at an antique store. The jars are just some of the MANY I have been using for canning. The tiny pine cones I picked up in Lake Tahoe. The antique drink cooler/dispenser was hidden away in my in-law's old bunk house. And the honey is family grown... and pretty, so I figured I would display it :) 

6 comments:

Brady and Christi said...

I love it Jency! It looks so good!!

Unknown said...

I love your style :)

. said...

Oh I love it! totally jealous right now ;)

crystal.cattle said...

Ooh I love barnwood. That book shelf is great.
www.crystalcattle.com

Anonymous said...

You've got Mom's touch Jenc!

The JR said...

Very neat. Great find.